These are our recommendations for the best CPU coolers for Ryzen 5900X and 5950X in 2022.
The Ryzen 5900X and the 5950X are the two latest flagship processors by AMD. Released in late 2020, the 5900X and 5950X feature 12 and 16 cores, respectively, and excel at every task you throw at them.
Before these two, Ryzen 3900X and 3950X were the AMD’s best consumer-grade CPUs. As good as they were in productive apps, Intel managed to get a slight lead in gaming due to the higher boost clock speed and better single-core performance.
Table of Contents
- Best Coolers For Ryzen 9 5900X And 5950X
- 1. Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4: Best Air Cooler For Ryzen 9 5900X And 5950X
- 2. CoolerMaster ML240L: Best 240mm AIO For Ryzen 9 5900X And 5950X
- 3. Deepcool Castle 360EX: Best 360mm AIO For Ryzen 9 5900X And 5950X
- 4. Thermaltake Floe Triple Riing RGB 360 TT
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Coolers For Ryzen 9 5900X And 5950X
As a result, AMD made several improvements in Ryzen 5000 series, such as double L3 cache accessible per core, lower latency, and high clock speeds.
It results in 5900X/5950X comprehensively beating Intel offerings by a good margin – in both gaming and productivity.
Not only that, they offer far better performance than their predecessors Ryzen 3900X/3950X, despite featuring the same number of cores and threads.
All we cay say is that AMD has done a pretty good job.
But for a balling rig featuring either of these processors, it is crucial to find the right CPU cooler. A cooler that can quickly and consistently dissipate high amounts of heat, play well with the clearances involved in your case and RAM choices, and match the overall aesthetics you are going for.
Here, we take a look at four excellent cooling options at different price points that can be the perfect foil for your Ryzen 9 5900X or 5950X.
1. Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4: Best Air Cooler For Ryzen 9 5900X And 5950X
- Socket compatibility AMD: AM5 / AM4
- Socket compatibility Intel: 1700 / 1200 / 2066 / 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 2011(-3) Square ILM
- Two virtually inaudible silent Wings PWM fans
If you are looking to keep your system air-cooled through and through, the Dark Rock Pro 4 is a great place to start.
A lot of people swear by air cooling and the impact it has on the overall airflow inside your case.
For such use cases, the Dark Rock Pro 4 is a large, sturdy, and efficient cooler with an understated look and quiet operation.
The cooler incorporates seven high-performance heat pipes made from copper to achieve around 250W TDP of cooling.
The specially designed cooling fins are optimized for high airflow and maximum surface area with a wave contour and small dots on the surface.
The black coating on the entire area uses ceramic particles to further aid heat transfer.
The double-tower layout uses two aluminum heatsinks and two fans—a smaller 120mm at the front and a larger 140mm in the middle position.
These Silent Wings fans are optimized for both airflow and static pressure.
One standout feature is the attention to detail that brings excellent RAM compatibility and clearance even for a cooler this large.
The front fan is smaller and raised with special cutouts in place to prevent clearance issues.
This way, you can install this cooler even in cramped cases.
There is also an option to add a third fan in the rear to achieve even more airflow.
The funnel design of the front fan increases static pressure and both fans use a decoupled mounting for less vibration.
The fans are exceptionally quiet, even if you set them at 100% in PWM mode.
With the excellent thermal performance and quiet operation, this can be a perfect choice for a workstation PC or a minimalist gaming setup.
- High-end build quality
- All-black color scheme blends well with any PC build
- Runs quietly even under full load
- Comparatively easier to install than Dark Pro 3.
- Large and unwieldy
- RAM clearance can be difficult due to large footprint
2. CoolerMaster ML240L: Best 240mm AIO For Ryzen 9 5900X And 5950X
- Silent Cooling Fan Technology - A mix of noise reduction technology and sound absorbing rubber pads for peace and quiet even when your PC is working overtime.
- Hybrid Design - A combination of both jet engine and helicopter blade designs gives you the static air reassure you need without sacrificing airflow.
- Dual Dissipation - Our low-profile dual chamber pump delivers sizable performance leaps over last-gen technology.
As we venture into the territory of AIO liquid coolers, it is no surprise that our first entry in this category comes from CoolerMaster—a brand that has become almost synonymous with consumer AIO liquid cooling products.
The MasterLiquid ML240L ticks all the right boxes—efficient cooling, quiet performance, and excellent RGB bling.
At the heart of the MasterLiquid ML240L is a well-crafted CPU block that connects to the 240mm radiator that is fitted with two 120mm fans.
The dual-dissipation radiator naturally creates hot and cold channels for maximum heat dissipation.
Dissipation is further aided by the low-resistance design of the radiator which also helps maintain the right fluid pressure levels.
Speaking of fluid pressure, the reservoir/pump combo utilizes a dual-chamber pump that isolates the heated fluid to further enhance prompt heat dissipation.
The MF series fans are optimized for both airflow and static pressure while providing very quiet operation and RGB lighting.
The CPU block also has RGB elements and the whole thing can be controlled by using CoolerMaster’s dedicated software.
However, the universal RGB header means that you can also control this using color management software provided by your motherboard manufacturer.
The sleeved FEP tubing is flexible enough to make installation easy while also being tough and durable. The unit comes with six preset RGB effects that can adjust the color and brightness of the gorgeous built-in lights.
You can, of course, customize them whichever way you like. Installation can be easily achieved for the AMD platform using the included mounting hardware.
- Solid noise performance
- Two RGB lighting zones
- Easier installation due to new mounting brackets and screws.
- Thermal performance could’ve been better
3. Deepcool Castle 360EX: Best 360mm AIO For Ryzen 9 5900X And 5950X
- DeepCool CASTLE 360EX AIO cooler water pump carries three-phase motor up to 2550RPM provides higher cooling performance with an increased flow rate while keeping noise levels lower than 17.8dB(A) even in full load for beeter user experience
- CASTLE 360EX CPU liquid cooler combines upgraded water pump with high-density radiator and triple fans to provide mighty 300w TDP heat dissipation, water tubes measure 465mm length to ensure the flexibility during assembling in PC case
- CASTLE EX Series liquid coolers equipped with DeepCool’ s Anti-Leak patent technology, the pressure-relief device in the top of radiator vents inner air pressure caused by high temperature to block potential leaking accident after long-term use
If you are looking to make the most of your Ryzen 9 CPU and have the luxury of a large case with enough space, a 360mm AIO solution can be the best for cooling.
This is exactly what you get with the Deepcool Castle 360EX. Deepcool has long been a household name in CPU cooling and this AIO certainly ticks all the right boxes in terms of performance, efficiency, and durability.
The AIO comes with Deepcool’s specialized anti-leak technology that takes away the primary headache of using fluid-cooled AIOs.
The technology operates by automatically achieving pressure balance that ensures that no part of the system undergoes extra stress.
The pump design uses a 3-phase, x-life motor and a pressure-charging impeller that delivers exquisite cooling performance while being extremely quiet.
The double-chamber design of the CPU block utilizes rounded corners and an optimized flow route that aid in efficiency, decrease energy loss, and keep the operating noise under control.
The heat absorption of the copper block is further aided by finer fins on the rear side.
Another unique feature of the CPU block is the customizable logo system which ensures that whichever orientation you choose for block installation, you can take off the logo unit and reinstall it to ensure that it stays right side up.
They even include an extra logo chip where you can put your own custom logo.
The fans are efficient and can achieve excellent heat dissipation even in lower speed settings.
These three 120mm TF fans are specially tuned to work well with the 360mm radiator and come with two-layer fan blades and noise and vibration canceling frame structures.
The CPU block is also equipped with addressable RGB for people who want their system to have some bling.
The included controller gives you access to RGB modes and speed settings.
You can also use software to control and change the colors and patterns.
The exceptional cooling performance makes this a salient choice if you are looking to overclock your Ryzen 9 and extract the maximum performance possible.
- Superb cooling
- Infinity mirror effect on CPU Block
- Memory and GPU clearance is good for most models
- Not extra accessories
- Slightly noisy fans
4. Thermaltake Floe Triple Riing RGB 360 TT
- LGA1700 Kit available. Search ASIN B09LLYRWDQ, Thermaltake P/N CL-O032-PL00BL-A, to upgrade now
- Patented Ring Plus RGB Software Enabled : Changes the light modes, colors, speeds, brightness, fan speeds, and even supports AI voice control in iOS and Android devices
- 12 Separately Controlled RGB LEDs for unrivaled Lighting Control.Rated Voltage:12 V/ 5VRated Current:0.325 A / 0.4AMotor Speed:3600 R.P.M
If you want great cooling and all-out RGB goodness, this offering from Thermaltake can be the perfect foil for your Ryzen 9, especially if you are planning to use a large case with transparent side panels.
The high-efficiency 360mm radiator comes with three RGB fans with support for adding another three for a push-pull configuration.
The Floe Triple Riing is meant to provide worry-free, maintenance-free operation.
The superior cooling starts with the high-performance large copper baseplate that does a great job of taking the heat away from the CPU.
The powerful, reliable pump keeps the coolant flowing at a constant rate and the reinforced sleeved tubing is also set up to prevent any evaporation of the coolant.
However, the most standout feature of this AIO is the sheer amount of flexible RGB.
The three included fans come from the popular Riing Plus RGB line, including a 16.8 million colors LED ring, high static pressure compression blades, and hydraulic bearings for quiet operation.
Likewise, the CPU block also incorporates RGB.
The AIO comes with a digital RGB controller where you can add a maximum of five devices.
The most unique part of this ecosystem is the sheer granular control you can have over the RGB which can be made to respond and synchronize with music, games, and CPU temps among other factors.
This is made possible by the excellent RGB Plus software which can be used to customize the lighting effects and adjust the fan speed.
However, this is not where things stop. You also get a mobile app version of the software compatible with iOS and Android which supports AI voice control and detailed profiles that bundle in colors, effects, brightness settings, and fan speeds. In short, this AIO is pure heaven for RGB lovers.
- Maximum RGB goodness
- Efficient cooling and quiet operations
- TT RGB Plus software can be control fan speed and RGB lighting
- Pump noise keeps cooler from being silent even at idle
- Only 3-year warranty
Any of these excellent CPU coolers can be a perfect foil for your Ryzen 9 5900X or 5950X.
If you are looking to keep your system air-cooled, the Dark Rock Pro 4 is an excellent option, often offering better heat dissipation than competing brands.
If you are willing to go the AIO route, picking from the three options listed here will depend on your budget, the amount of workable free space inside your case, and how much you are willing to spend for all-out RGB madness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the common questions people ask about the Ryzen 5900/5950X CPUs and their coolers.
Does Ryzen 9 5900X And 5950X Come With A Stock Cooler?
No. In Ryzen 3000 lineup, you get a stock cooler with all processors except the 3950X. The Ryzen 5000 Processors, though, don’t offer such coolers except with the 5600X.
Does Ryzen 9 Processors Need Liquid Cooling?
No, it’s not mandatory.
The Ryzen 9 processors are flagship models which means while it’s good to pair them up with an AIO cooler (especially if you intend to do overclocking later), you will get almost similar results with a high-end Air cooler, such as Be Quiet! Dark Pro 4.
Is 240mm AIO Enough For 5900X And 5950X?
Yes, a good quality 240mm AIO cooler will be good enough to handle the load for both of these CPUs.
How Long Will An AIO Cooler Last?
With proper care, an AIO cooler can easily last 5-7 years. Some manufacturers rate their AIO pump’s life expectancy to as high as 70,000 hours.
Is Custom Loop Better Than AIO?
It depends on different factors. Custom Loops are visually more pleasing and offer higher performance but a much higher price.
On the other hand, AIO coolers come with more reliability and require less maintenance than custom loops.
Do You Have To Refill Liquid Cooling?
If it’s a custom loop, then yes, you require periodic refilling and maintenance of other sorts. AIO coolers don’t need such refillings, and that’s why they’re called closed-loop coolers (CLC).